Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Furniture That I Worked On Instead of Posting Blogs







The title of this story is "Furniture That I Worked On Instead of Posting Blogs." It is based entirely on true events.

It was a tepid and humid morn on April 16, 2010. On my walk around this misbegotten town, where a pedestrian can be run down by a motorist, and I am that pedestrian and have escaped with my life several times, I saw a heap of curbside trash, about 1000 yards from my apartment. The back of a piece of furniture was covering up the main frame, which in sum total, happened to be a bookcase. The owner of the house came outside, apparently to walk somewhere. I told her, "I am interested in these discarded items." She said, "Oh, that's fine. They are for the taking." I said thank you. I buried the back of the bookcase under debris. It was already dirty. Then I picked up the main frame of the bookcase and carried it toward home. I could carry it about 100 yards at a time, considering it is heavy. With 400 yards to go, a man in a van asked if he could help. He put the bookcase in the back and gave me a ride the rest of the way. You can see how the item looked, and the various stages of refurbishing it went through. How do you like that for a shortcut in a blog post? I just omitted five paragraphs of detailed description of whodunit and how it was pulled off.

Also, the top picture here shows the solid wood bookcase that I completed several months ago. I do not remember if I previously wrote a post about this or posted pictures. But it was written on all over in color crayon. A lot of work was done before it reached the final stage, ready for the Huntington Library.


(c) 2010 by Hooknose McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UFO's Have Landed Here